The City of Alton Development Corporation (CADC) has a 4A corporation and a 4B corporation to facilitate all economic development functions for the City of Alton, Texas. Both were established on July 9, 1996 and have been promoting economic growth for the past sixteen (16) years with positive outcomes.
The CADC was created to promote, encourage and enhance the creation of jobs and expansion of the local tax base through projects which assist in the retention and expansion of existing primary employers and which attract new primary employers and aid their development and growth. The CADC has created and obtained funding from several sources to promote good business practices throughout the city of Alton, Texas. The following are resources being provided:
- CADC Mission Statement
- Development Capital Improvements Plan
- The Facade Program
- Rural Business Enterprise Grant
…..New Developments for 2012-2013…
Jr.’s supermarket to develop new plaza in Alton
* Mr. Felix Chavez Jr., owner of Juniors Supermarkets has commenced the new construction of his Juniors Supermarket in Alton located at the corner of Alton Blvd (SH 107) and Main Avenue (Mile 5 FM 676). This development has been in the mix for the past three years and now is coming to fruition. Initially, Junior’s was looking at an expansion of the current building, but when the new census numbers came in, they studied the area and decided a bigger investment was in order.
“This type of development is actually what we have been working so hard for, stated Mayor Salvador Vela. “Like a pebble in a still pond, this will create a ripple effect for the entire community.” So far, eight (8) pad sites and two retail plazas are included in this site plan. They will be available for potential food franchisers or retailers to select from. The pad sites front both Main Street (Mile 5) and Alton Boulevard (SH 107).
Mr. Chavez, owner of the development, will be constructing a whole new design on his current supermarket, making it the premier store in his chain. Las Fuentes Plaza will be able to accommodate a variety of eateries and retail outlets for an enjoyable shopping experience. Mr. Pete Diaz III with B-Kan Realty will be brokering the deals for the new development and R.E. Garcia & Associates have been selected for engineering services.
Old Clinicas gets redone into new Plaza
(((NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS)))
* Dr. Sarojini Bose MD as purchased the old Las Clinicas Plaza located on the corner of Los Ebanos and Mile 5. This new development will be called Alton Ashley Plaza. For further information on leasing space you can call Mr. Rudy Leal, Business Manager for Ashley Pediatrics at Office: 956-259-0400 x 1417 or Cell: 956-975-8104.
Golden Chick peaks its way into emerging Alton market
(((NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS)))
* Still pushing forward from its small town vibe, Alton is a fast growing city attracting business owners from across the State. Mr. Calixto Hernandez, owner of the new Golden Chick located on the corner of Adams Street and Alton Blvd (SH 107), has decided to develop his new franchise within our great city. This will be the first food franchise for Alton. This delightful chicken chain has been serving up delicious tenders for more then 50 years. Based out of Dallas, the restaurant chain has close to 100 locations throughout Texas and Oklahoma.
Golden Chick is a Southern style restaurant known for its signature Original Golden Tender, marinated whole chicken tenderloin that’s hand battered and cooked to a delicious golden perfection. With the help of his sons, Calixto and David, Mr. Hernandez plans to run his new franchise as a family owned and operated business. NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS.
New Subway restaurant to be opening soon
(((NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS)))
*The City of Alton has its first Subway restaurant located at Alton City Centre Plaza located on the corner of Mile 5 (FM 676) and Austin Street. This local Franchisee has decided to bring this great chain into our town where residence and all can enjoy nutritious meals that the whole family can enjoy.
History of Subway:
Back in 1965, Fred DeLuca set out to fulfill his dream of becoming a medical doctor. Searching for a way to help pay for his education, a family friend suggested he open a submarine sandwich shop. With a loan of $1,000, the friend—Dr. Peter Buck—offered to become Fred’s partner, and a business relationship was forged that would change the landscape of the fast food industry.
The first store was opened in Bridgeport, Connecticut in August, 1965. Then, they set a goal of having 32 stores opened in 10 years. Fred soon learned the basics of running a business, as well as the importance of serving a well-made, high quality product, providing excellent customer service, keeping operating costs low and finding great locations. These early lessons continue to serve as the foundation for successful SUBWAY® restaurants around the world.
By 1974, the duo owned and operated 16 submarine sandwich shops throughout Connecticut. Realizing they would not reach their 32 store goal in time, they began franchising, launching the SUBWAY® brand into a period of remarkable growth which continues to this day.
Today, the SUBWAY® brand is the world’s largest submarine sandwich chain with more than 37,000 locations around the world. We’ve become the leading choice for people seeking quick, nutritious meals that the whole family can enjoy. From the beginning, Fred has had a clear vision for the future of the SUBWAY® brand. As we continue to grow, we are guided by his passion for delighting customers by serving fresh, delicious, made-to-order sandwiches.