City of Alton Human Resources Dept.
956-432-0760 ext 110
The Human Resources Department provides advice, support, and recommendations to all departments within the city with regards to its employees in an effort to make the City of Alton a premier municipal employer. HR’s role is to promote a work environment characterized by fair treatment of staff, open communications, personal accountability, trust and mutual respect.
Major areas of service include:
- Recruitment/Selection/Placement (Hiring)
- Employee Relations/Constructive Discipline
- Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Benefits Administration
- Policy Development/Interpretation
- Personnel File Management
- Wellness Programs
- Worker’s Compensation Program